• We must all shepherd all the people and must intentionally move one another toward Christ-likeness.
• The role of a shepherd is to gather, know, feed, lead, and protect. Covenant’s shepherding model aims to increase our understanding of these functions and enable us all to shepherd more fruitfully.
• Covenant’s shepherding model should provide equitable coverage, appropriate accountability, and effective training for shepherding the entire congregation.
• Covenant’s primary shepherds are our elders, both teaching and ruling.
• Covenant’s shepherding model is built upon our strong Sunday School framework. We enroll 100% of our members in a Sunday School Community to ensure they are being shepherded in a biblical manner.
• Christ has commissioned each Christian to make disciples and teach them the truth of the Gospel.
Our shepherding model promotes discipleship relationships throughout the church.
• Shepherding Committee. The Shepherding Committee works closely with staff to oversee all of our shepherding efforts. This committee also assigns officers and Women’s Shepherding Team members where needed and provides accountability and consistency across all Sunday School Communities.
• Women’s Shepherding Team (WST). This new team of women will come alongside our elders to more effectively shepherd the women at Covenant.
• Sunday School Shepherding Teams. Each Sunday School Community will have a shepherding team consisting of a pastor, shepherding elders, and WST members.
Each Sunday School Community has an assigned Pastor along with Shepherding Elders and Women's Shepherding Team Members:
Community, Open Doors, Upper Room | Marty Crawford
Cornerstone, Foundations, Lighthouse | David Driskill
Living Stones, Kingdom Builders | Dan Edwards
College, Crosspointe, Threshold | Josh Johnson