Women's Fall Studies
"Hinged," a study through Ephesians, and Divine Design Discipleship both begin on September 8! Click here for more information and to register for the studies.
Fall Sunday School 2020
This fall, we are splitting our Sunday School communities into two groups that will meet at Covenant every other Sunday evening at 5:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Please click here for more information, group assignments, and dates.
Serve & See at Urban Hope:
Urban Hope Community Church will be holding a “Serve and See” day of prayer and cleaning up at their new building, which they are trying to complete as their new worship space by the end of this year. They have invited Covenant to come out and see it June 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, to help with some projects, hear what God is doing through UHCC, and pray with them that God will continue his work within the new building. The building is 13,000 sq feet, so there is plenty of space to social distance! (Address: 4607 Gary Avenue, Fairfield)
Over the next few weeks we are going to be providing meals for those who may not have access to healthy food. Some of those meals will be served to our ministry partners, including but not limited to:
- Grace House
- The Lovelady Center
- Restoration Academy families
-Urban Young Life families
Some of the meals will go to those in our church body and neighbors. A meal for one person is $8 so if you are able to purchase a meal, or 2 or 75, that money will go towards providing and delivering meals to these families. There will also be potential opportunities to help deliver or cook some of the meals, but in the meantime we would love you to support these meals financially. In a time when it’s hard to minister to those face-to-face in order to protect them, this is a great opportunity to give!
Please send in your donations to the church office (65 Old Montgomery Highway, 35209) marked "Deacon Fund" or give online and enter an amount in the "Deacon Fund" field.
Serving the vulnerable in our church:
- Deacons are assigned to people in our church and will help us identify needs.
Serving your actual neighbors:
- Offer grocery or meal pick up and lawn care. You can put these flyers on doors or in mailboxes of your neighbors, specifically those that you know who might be elderly.
- Create an activity bucket for a neighbor with young kids: coloring books, crayons/markers, crafts, jump rope, etc.
- Ask for specific prayer needs. Take this opportunity to reach out to neighbors and get to know them through prayer.
Serving Covenant's Nursery Workers:
- Adopt a nursery worker (not necessarily for finances but to help with groceries, activities for kids, or homework printout if necessary). Ways to help ease the stress of not being able to work. Please contact Jami Bennett.
Serving the City:
- Christian Service Mission | From Tracy Hipps: sign up to come pack boxes for seniors and families. Units of food that need to be delivered to seniors
homes that cannot get out. Visit their website: https://timecounts.org/csmission/opportunities/events
- Restoration Academy: School Supply Drive and Teacher Gift Bags. Please visit restorationacademy.org/covid19help for information on to help with two items.
PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! FOR ALL OF THESE GROUPS LISTED ABOVE!
Chancel Choir "And Can It Be"
Watch and Listen
Our staff has created several playlists to encourage you during this time of isolation:
Hymns and songs we sing during Gathered Worship.
Children's Ministry Playlists:
Songs we love to sing with your children on Sundays, Wednesdays, and in between!