March 29, 2020 | 10:30a
Live stream link for service: https://youtu.be/FldFu-lCXrA
March 22, 2020 | 10:30a
Live stream link for service: https://youtu.be/i3i2CvoB1ts
Sermon Discussion Questions (We encourage you to use these discussion questions with your family as well as your small groups and Bible study groups.)
March 15, 2020 12:00 PM
There will be no dinner tonight before the worhsip service. We will hold our evening Missions Festival service at 6:15.
Live stream link for 6:15 gathered worship: https://youtu.be/nAS5KP9quQ0
March 15, 2020 AM
Live stream link for 10:30 gathered worship: https://youtu.be/DvrqTM3MJ68
You can also follow along with the worship guide here.
March 14, 2020 (8:30 pm)
March 13, 2020
Friends—Grace and Peace!
Perhaps that greeting means as much as ever to our community, friends, and neighbors as we look ahead to the uncertainties the Corona Virus may bring to our area. We have an opportunity now to act with prudent wisdom that is free from fear, but we are taking precautions to ensure that our environment is as safe as possible for all.
Obviously things have changed quickly, and we will be updating these plans as the situation progresses.
Throughout we should seek to live sacrificial lives and desire to love our neighbors in every way possible. With you, we are monitoring the situation carefully and trying to stay in tune with federal, state, and local advice and warnings. We are praying for victims of the infection, for our medical workers, and for those engaged in research to discover a vaccine that will help many. The full impact of this outbreak cannot be predicted, but the unchanging faithfulness of God to us in such circumstances is unshakable; he is our rock, our fortress, and strong tower, and we will not fear for he is "a very present help in time of trouble" (Psalm 46:1).
Our Women's Ministry Committee has created three Zoom prayer groups and two sermon discussion Zoom groups.
Click here for the links!
Over the next few weeks we are going to be providing meals for those in need. Some of those meals will be served to our ministry partners, including but not limited to:
- Grace House
- The Lovelady Center
- Restoration Academy families
Some of the meals will go to those in our church body and neighbors. A meal for one person is $8 so if you are able to purchase a meal, or 2 or 75, that money will go towards providing and delivering meals to these families. There will also be potential opportunities to help deliver or cook some of the meals, but in the meantime we would love you to support these meals financially. In a time when it’s hard to minister to those face-to-face in order to protect them, this is a great opportunity to give!
Please send in your donations to the church office (65 Old Montgomery Highway, 35209) marked "Covid-19 Meals."
Serving the vulnerable in our church:
- Deacons are assigned to people in our church and will help us identify needs.
Serving your actual neighbors:
- Offer grocery or meal pick up and lawn care. You can put these flyers on doors or in mailboxes of your neighbors, specifically those that you know who might be elderly.
- Create an activity bucket for a neighbor with young kids: coloring books, crayons/markers, crafts, jump rope, etc.
- Ask for specific prayer needs. Take this opportunity to reach out to neighbors and get to know them through prayer.
Serving Covenant's Nursery Workers:
- Adopt a nursery worker (not necessarily for finances but to help with groceries, activities for kids, or homework printout if necessary). Ways to help ease the stress of not being able to work. Please contact Jami Bennett.
Serving the City:
- Christian Service Mission | From Tracy Hipps: sign up to come pack boxes for seniors and families. Units of food that need to be delivered to seniors
homes that cannot get out. Visit their website: https://timecounts.org/csmission/opportunities/events
- Urban Hope: Currently working on identifying families and needs, more info to come here.
- Restoration Academy: Currently working on identifying families and needs, more info to come here.
PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! FOR ALL OF THESE GROUPS LISTED ABOVE!
COVID-19 has obviously inhibited our ability to gather together and stay connected as Sunday School communities (and as a church, generally). In order to care for our members over the next 8 weeks, our Session has adopted a Shepherding Strategy that seeks to ensure that every member of our congregation gets contacted at least 3 times over the next 8 weeks. You can expect that a member of your Sunday School class will reach out and touch base with you periodically over the next 8 weeks. However, should you need to contact your shepherding elders at any time for any reason, please do not hesitate. If you do not know who your shepherding elders are, please contact David Driskill at email@example.com.
Our staff has created several playlists to encourage you during this time of isolation:
Hymns and songs we sing during Gathered Worship.
Children's Ministry Playlists:
Songs we love to sing with your children on Sundays, Wednesdays, and in between!